3.19.2008

Welcome!

So apparently there is a real place called San Paco. I always thought I had made this name up out of the twisted imagination of a 7th grader all those years ago but alas I stand corrected. And unfortunately this means that anyone who has been looking forward to creating a blog called http://sanpaco.blogspot.com will soon find out that instead of the wonderful musings of yours truly, you will find scattered msn archives in spanish of Sergito, Dany, and Yasser. Sad news.

Anyway moving on, I have started this blog on a whim because I have been feeling bored lately and wanted a place to vent. I know a number of people who have their own blogs and they seem to be a lot healthier than me mentally and emotionally. So maybe this blogging is a part of it. Maybe not. In any case it sounds fun too.

Things you can look forward to:
- Personal venting ground for politics and life in general.
- Reviews! I am often listening to audiobooks or actually reading them, short stories, podcasts, watching tv and movies, and listening to music. I have written a number of reviews in the past on sites like IMDb and rateyourmusic. I will link to my profiles on these sites in the future and share my opinions and reviews on these topics on a regular basis.
- The X-Files! I am a geek. But yes I own every episode on DVD including the movie and I know what episode you are talking about just by you saying something like "that one with the weird bat thing that was attacking them on an island". Just as an example. With the recent news (including the recent wrap up of filming) for the X-Files sequel you can probably expect to hear a lot about that for the next while. I probably wouldn't rely on me for an official and up to date news source unless you are out of touch completely with the show and don't want to read all the other sites out there.

So that's about it. I look forward to keeping this up!

My first podcast plug goes to Librivox Stories. This is a podcast feed which provides a number of classic stories from artists such as Edgar Allen Poe, Rudyard Kipling, Charles Dickens, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Mark Twain, and others. All Librivox recordings are in the Public Domain meaning they are no longer copyrighted and can be shared for all to enjoy for free. Their website is http://librivox.org and it has more than is on the podcast. Entire books by classic authors. While I was searching tonight I found they had one of C.S. Lewis' first writings called Spirits in Bondage and when I did that search I also found Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, a book I've been wanting to read for a long time now. I also found Dante's Divine Comedy. I'm sure there is a lot more there for the taking and enjoying of any and all. Please check it out and if you are a good story teller you can even volunteer to be a reader.

No comments: