3.10.2009

DJ Earworm Mashups

So I found out about this guy that does song remix/mash-ups and posts them for free on his site. I highly recommend that anyone who likes music (especially dance music but not limited to) go check out his site and download some songs. The link is http://djearworm.com/. I especially enjoy "Gimme Freaks" (Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter" and Moguai & Tocadisco "Freaks"), "Intergalactic Human" (Beastie Boys "Intergalactic" and Daft Punk "Human After All"), "Together As One" (U2 "One", Beatles "Come Together", Diana Ross "Someday We'll Be Together", and Mariah Carey "We Belong Together", yeah...), "No One Takes Your Freedom" (Scissor Sisters "Take Your Mama Out", Beatles "For No One", George Michael "Freedom '90", and Aretha Franklin "Think (Freedom)"), "Lemon Lucy" (Elton John "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (Beatles cover)" and Lemon Jelly "Come"), and so many others. Now typically I HATE Hip Hop type music that rips off old songs and turns them into a rap song with a bunch of hoes dancing around in gold bikinis and crap but that is not what this is at all. Nothing has been done to violate the original songs in anyway. I mean some of these songs actually take individual songs that I hate and make me love them in context of the mash-up! If you like techno or electronica type music at all I'm pretty sure you'll like this (think Moby... kind of).

1 comment:

kwistin said...

thank you for personally introducing me to this. :)